Welcome to the Credit Union Family!
- To activate your debit card, or change your PIN, you must call from the phone number associated with the primary account holder.
- When enrolling in online banking, the online banking system will send a verification code to the number associated with the primary account holder. This is for security purposes to protect account information.
- E-statements not yet displaying inside online banking is a known issue, and we are working diligently to correct this as soon as possible.
- You do not need to order new checks. Existing checks will continue to work. Once you run out of checks, you will be able to order GPCECU - FSUCU checks.
- We are aware account histories pre-data conversion are not displaying in online banking. Once E-statements are visible in online banking, you will be able to access past statements to see your account history. You may also contact us so we may provide you copies of your previous statements.
- If you are listed on multiple accounts (i.e. a primary on one account and a joint-owner on another), these accounts are not aggregating and displaying in online banking with a single sign-on. Individual online banking credentials must be created and maintained for each account. We understand this is inconvenient and are working with our provider to rectify this as soon as possible.
- Members now have new options to make loan payments, including an online payment portal to make payments from other financial institutions. For details, visit the Loan Payment Options page.
- All credit card accounts are expected to be visible in online banking by Friday, May 7, 2021.
- Members can now manage their new GPCECU-FSUCU Mastercard accounts using the FSUCU Online Credit Card Management tool. Similar to our previous eZCard, members can check balances, transactions, history, and more. Get started!
Frequently Asked Questions about the FSU Credit Union and GPCE Credit Union Merger
Will I need to re-enroll in online banking?
To enroll in FSUCU Online Banking, you will need your account number along with the social security number, date of birth, and zip code of the primary account holder. There is no app code for this feature. To enroll, you can visit GPCECU.com and select the Online Banking Login text or lock icon at the top of the page or you can visit the FSU Credit Union Online Banking Enrollment page directly.
How do I use Bank by Phone with GPCECU - FSUCU?
GPCE Credit Union, a Division of FSU Credit Union provides members a no-cost 24-Hour Bank by Phone option. This service allows members the convenience of managing and obtaining account information via their phones. Our GPCE Credit Union Bank by Phone number is currently being routed to our FSU Credit Union Call Center. For more direct assistance receiving information about your account such as balance, transaction history, and payment information, please call FSU Credit Union at 850-224-4960 or 877-GO-FSUCU (877-463-7828). Listen to the prompts and Press 1 to be directed to our Bank by Phone services. Members will need their account number, and the last six digits of their social security number to access this feature.
Bill Pay and Automatic Payments
I use Online Bill Pay. Will I need to update my information?
Yes. If you used Bill Pay through GPCECU – FSUCU Virtual Banking, you will need to re-enroll in the FSUCU Bill Payer through FSUCU Online Banking. Your current bill pay information will not automatically roll over to the new system.
What about my Automatic Payments?
What about any Automatic Payments I create after data conversion?
What if my Automatic Payments are through my GPCECU Credit Card?
Will my account balances continue to be insured?
What changes can I expect related to my account(s) and services?
Did my account number change?
Will I need new checks?
Are there new debit and credit cards?
What will the merger mean for my membership?
How large will the combined credit union be?
What will the combined Credit Union be called?
Who should I contact for information on my account?
How can I get more information on FSU Credit Union?
What will happen to the employees of GPCE Credit Union?
What benefits will I receive as a member of FSU Credit Union?
- New Online and Mobile Banking Features - Exciting features include a FREE Credit Score Tool - SavvyMoney (which is a no-cost service to help you learn and understand your credit score), a person-to-person payment service Pop Money, and much more!
New Loan Promotions - Visit gpcecu.com/special-offers for special loan promotions currently running such as the “Stop and Smell the Savings” Auto Loan.
Mortgages and Home Equity Line of Credit (HELOC) Loans - We offer a number of options for home loans and line of credits.
Love My Credit Union Rewards Program - Love My Credit Union Rewards helps you maximize your financial well-being and save money on products and services you use every day. Visit our new Love My Credit Union page or fsucu.org/perks-rewards for more information.
Private Wealth Management and Consulting (PWMC) - Through this partnership with PWMC, members can take advantage of PWMC services to pursue their financial goals and manage their investments. Visit fsucu.org/financialplanning for details.
The Financial Fitness Center - The Financial Fitness Center is a free online financial literacy program.
New Debit Card Functionality - Your new debit cards will be able to be used for online and phone purchases along with anywhere VISA is accepted worldwide.
New Credit Card Options - Watch for information on additional credit card options coming your way soon.
Business Loans and Accounts - The combined credit union will be able to offer members innovative business banking products and services.
Identity Theft Protection - Members can take advantage of discounted identity protection programs provided through CyberScout.
ApplePay - Debit and credit cards can use the convenient ApplePay service.