Is Mobile Banking Safe? Absolutely. You have nothing to worry about.
You have nothing to worry about. You can be confident in using GPCE Credit Union’s Mobile Banking and use with peace of mind. Our credit union guarantee protects all of our mobile banking customers. So enjoy a worry-free and beneficial experience with your GPCE Credit Union’s Mobile Banking service.
Q: What is GPCE Credit Union’s Mobile Banking?
A: In short, with GPCE Credit Union’s Mobile Banking, you can be sure that your banking activities are with you at all times. You can securely access your GPCE Credit Union accounts from your mobile device to check account balances, pay bills and transfer funds. You can even locate your nearest branch, ATM and more.
Q: Why should I use GPCE Credit Union’s Mobile Banking?
A: The real-time convenience of GPCE Credit Union’s Mobile Banking just cannot be matched by anything else. Think about all your situational scenarios where it can really come in handy:
- When you’re at the electronics store, and you see that big screen HDTV you absolutely just have to buy - play it safe & make a quick check on your account balance and make sure you have enough money before you purchase.
- How many times do you find yourself simply waiting around? If you’re waiting at the DMV, or waiting at the airport for your flight – this would be a great time to get in tune with your spending habits by checking and reviewing your transaction history.
- When you’re out on vacation, out traveling or simply have no computer access, you might have a bill you forgot to pay from home or a bill that is due very soon. Don’t cut it close. Ensure that you’re never late on any of your bills by making a quick and easy bill payment from your phone.
Q: Is my mobile device secure to use? I feel secure with my computer. I like to use my computer for my banking activities, but I am concerned over using my smartphone.
A: Rest assured. Mobile Banking is safe to use!
- Smartphones such as iPhones, Android and Blackberry have a very controlled and secure operating system
- Mobile Banking uses 128 bit SSL encryption just like your Virtual Branch online banking – which basically encrypts and protects any transmission of data including customer account information
- Mobile Banking uses strong Firewalls just like your Virtual Branch online banking – which protects from unauthorized or malicious intrusion
- Mobile Banking uses your Username & Password for access, just like your Virtual Branch online banking. And just like with your Virtual Branch online banking, your account will lock down after 3 incorrect attempts from your mobile device
- Mobile Banking uses additional Security Q&A authentication for initial access to your account
Q: What if my phone gets lost or stolen?
A: Nobody wants their phone lost or stolen. But in the rare case that it does, you should know that your Mobile Banking access is secured.
- No personal information from your GPCE Credit Union Mobile Banking account is ever stored on the phone. Your password is never stored.
- Your login session automatically times out after a 10 minute period of inactivity.
Q: Why can’t I simply use my computer to access by account? I’m more comfortable with it, and I can just wait till I get access at home.
A: You certainly can use your computer. But you’ll really miss out on all the benefits of Mobile Banking to keep you secure and informed.
- You can check your accounts and available funds at any time of the day. You’ll never need to worry about unauthorized activity on your bank account.
- You can be notified when you receive a direct deposit. You can easily set up text and email alerts. You’ll always be in the know.