Messaging & Alerts
Stay Informed & In Touch!
GPCE Credit Union wants you to stay informed and in touch by providing our members with messaging and alerts. The sooner you are notified the easier it will be to manage your account activity and prevent possible fraud from occurring.
GPCE Credit Union helps to protect our members’ accounts by providing several kinds of notifications through the use of the following electronic services. If you need assistance, please contact a Member Service Representative at 850-430-1961 or toll free 800-472-4723, option #1.
No cost Virtual Branch Service:
Members must first register for Virtual Branch. The rest is easy: Enter your user log-on, verify your security phrase and enter your security code. Alert settings are found within the Self-Service folder*.
Members can view the following alert options:
- Transfer Alert (alerted when transfer occur on your account)
- Bill Payment Alert (e-mail address required first/alerts regarding Bill Pay)
- General Alert (alerted when security codes/email address change & messages from credit union)
*Members can also view their history of alerts from this folder.
No Cost TouchBanking App:
Members must first be a registered user of Virtual Branch in order to access the use of our no cost TouchBanking App. This downloaded app provides even more convenience 24/7 when accessing your account information. Alerts are reflective to the alerts received through Virtual Branch.
Members can be assured of secured account access, as TouchBanking App is log-on and security code required. All security features are updated through the Virtual Branch website.
No Cost CardValet:
Debit card alerts and messages can be received via your smartphone when you sign-up for no cost CardValet. Members will definitely appreciate the benefits of CardValet, as the app allows you to set up several convenient debit card security features that best fit your busy lifestyle. Members can even select the feature to turn debit card activity OFF or ON, in case they cannot locate their debit card for any period of time. This feature can quickly help prevent losses and fraud on your checking account.
Mastercard Falcon Alert:
GPCE Credit Union Mastercard accounts are protected with Falcon Alert fraud protection. This system helps to monitor member accounts and detect suspicious activity. This no cost service tracks Mastercard debit and credit card transactions to understand buying habits. When transactions are made outside of established ‘habit’ areas, it can activate an alert through Falcon.
Here’s How It Works:
- Falcon learns your normal spending patterns and may compare it to other known suspicious activity or previously reported fraudulent transactions.
- Based on a combination of this information, Falcon evaluates your transaction. If the transaction is considered risky, a fraud specialist will contact you to verify if you authorized the transaction.
- If you confirm the transaction is legitimate, there is no impact.
- If you confirm that you did not authorize the transaction, that card is immediately blocked to stop more fraud from occurring.
- If the Falcon Fraud specialist cannot reach you by phone, a message may be left and your card will be temporarily blocked for your protection until you return the call. Falcon Fraud specialists will not ask you for any personal information. However, they are required to verify your identity.
If you miss the Falcon Alert it is important to return the call as soon as possible. To avoid not being able to contact you, please update your current phone number(s) with the credit union. If you believe your Mastercard credit or debit card has been lost or stolen contact the credit union immediately.